Munich Olympic Stadium turned into an open-air cinema
The countdown to the European Championships Munich 2022 was officially started on Tuesday, with an exclusive premiere of the “Class of 22” marking the two-years-to-go milestone.
With the historic Munich Olympic Stadium turned into an open-air cinema and the event streamed live online, the audience on-site and world-wide was introduced to the members of the “Class of 22” and presented with the first two episodes of this documentary.
The monthly series will follow 13 aspiring German athletes on their path to Munich 2022, whetting the appetite for what is to come in two years’ time. From youth prospects to medal candidates, the protagonists mirror the diversity of the European Championships and offer an intimate insight into the life of a professional athlete.
The spotlight is on:
- Alma Bestvater (Climbing)
- Franca and Simon Henseleit (Triathlon)
- Christina Hering (Athletics | 800 Metres)
- Max Lemke (Canoe Sprint); Lara Lessmann (Cycling | BMX Freestyle)
- Bo Kanda Lita Baehre (Athletics | Pole Vault)
- Felix Remuta (Artistic Gymnastics)
- Gudrun Stock (Cycling | Track)
- Julius Thole and Clemens Wickler (Beach Volleyball)
- Sabine Winter (Table Tennis)
- Oliver Zeidler (Rowing).